The Scholarship Committee of the Merrymeeting Chapter of Maine Audubon offers scholarships to students in local schools to attend camps which include environmental education in their programs. The committee, which handles the following tasks, has openings for one or two new members.
- Meet with others on the committee 2-3 times per year to update program materials, organize mailings to co-sponsors, notify schools, etc.
- Maintain and update digital program materials including announcements sent to schools and guidance counselors, camper application forms, and thank you letters for tax purposes. For this task a volunteer should be able to use a computer word processing program. Excel knowledge would be helpful, but not necessary. Acess to a printer would be helpful.
- Deposit all donations in a timely manner and keep simple records of donations and donors (chapter Treasurer keeps detailed financial records).
- Send thank you notes for tax purposes to all donors.
- Act as a liaison between the three camps for which we offer scholarships â€“ finding out about any new program information, being sure camper signups and deposits are completed, etc.
Please contact the Merrymeeting Chapter at [email protected] or 729-9650 for more information and thank you in advance for your interest!